CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Bali for 4 days to celebrate Thanksgiving with other ETAs. It should be a great vacation and a chance to relax and escape for a little while. I'm especially excited to see the ETAs that I haven't seen since I got to Magelang two months ago! I will be thinking of all of you on the holiday! Wishing you well and many, many things to be thankful for.

This year, I'm thankful for:
-My family, which besides being big, loud, and often full of it has always been full of love!
-My friends
-Always having enough money, food, and support to not only survive but thrive.
-Growing up in a country where education is free and mandatory for all children
-Growing up in an environment that taught me to have compassion and understanding for everyone, believe in myself and my own morals, and to have the intelligence and curiosity to inquire about the world around me
-Intercontinental e-mails
-Having a Fulbright, which has given me the opportunity to explore and examine Indonesia, myself, and the world in which we live.
-Knowing English as my native language
-Students who think I look like a Disney princess
-Chocolate, which can comfort you in any lonely situation.
...and so many more reasons why I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for my sweet, caring,intelligent, and adventurous daughter! We will miss you and look forward to hearing all about your adventures in Bali. Enjoy the sun, friends and break...
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete